Inspired by the hilarious “Catalina Wine Mixer” scene from Will Ferrell’s comedy classic Step Brothers, this annual extravaganza at beautiful Descanso Beach Club takes on a life of its own, as thousands descend on SoCal’s favorite island entertainment destination for one last summer beach party on September 21 – 23, 2018.
The jam-packed weekend will include live music, DJs, dancing, great food, wine, cocktails and a special screening of Step Brothers at the historic Avalon Theatre. There’s even a Step Brothers theme party and costume contest.
How to do The Catalina Wine Mixer Like a Pro:
- Purchase tickets here.
- Book your cruise aboard Catalina Express or Catalina Flyer. (Or jump on a 20-minute flight via IEX Helicopters).
- Book a Cabana or Chaise Lounge at Descanso Beach Club by calling 310-510-7430.
- Pack your swimsuit, sunblock, beach towel, and a hoodie (temperatures drop in the evening)
- Plan your outfit while keeping in mind that it’s a sunny beach setting with warm sand and soft grass, so cool casual clothing and flat comfortable shoes are recommended.
- Visit Catalina Island’s website for the full lineup of activities and plan your perfect Catalina Wine Mixer weekend.
- On the evening before, get plenty of rest and pack a small snack for the boat ride over (we suggest a granola bar, or banana with nut butter)
- On the day of be sure to arrive to your boat (or helicopter) with extra time for parking and check-in.
- Jump aboard your transportation, take in the sights on the way to Catalina Island.
- Enjoy the Mother-F*ckin’ Catalina Wine Mixer!